Affiliates recruit community-based organizations (CBOs) to sponsor SfP products, train CBO volunteers and staff to serve as benefit or financial wellness counselors/ coaches, publicize access to work supports, secure and manage multiple funding streams, collaborate with governments and other stakeholders, measure and report results, and assist in identifying entrepreneurial opportunities to expand SfP product services into new communities of need.
Affiliates are nonprofit organizations that must be able to:
- Collaborate well with a range of nonprofits and government agencies
- Build and maintain an effective network within their assigned state or region by recruiting sites, training counselors/ coaches, and publicizing the availability of access to supports and services through TBB and MyBC™.
- Secure and manage multiple funding streams
- Employ tools for measurement and reporting of results in the varying ways required by funders, community groups and government entities
- Act in an entrepreneurial manner in responding to the wide variety of opportunities to expand the breadth and depth of the service in their area.